♥ Frankfort Avenue / Trolley Hop ♥

On Friday night, I was invited by Michelle to go with her and a few other ladies to dinner at the Grape Leaf and then the Frankfort Avenue Trolley Hop. I was very excited to meet more new people and to get to explore Frankfort Avenue!


We planned to meet at the restaurant at 6:30pm, but since I left straight from work, I got there about 30 minutes early. I found a spot to park, and then decided to walk a little bit along Frankfort while I still had daylight to take some photos. The first thing I did was sample some freshly made apple cider. The group had an old fashioned apple press. They poured apples into it by the bucket-full, turned the crank, and out poured fresh, pure apple juice! It was a little tart, but really tasty and refreshing.







After my little cup of cider, I walked a few blocks down Frankfort and then made my way to the Grape Leaf to meet the girls.










I had met both Michelle and Joelle each once before, but I got to meet Amy and Emily for the first time. They are all very nice girls, and we had a great Mediterranean dinner. Three of us ordered the Spanish Burrito, and it was pretty tasty.

We sat on the patio, and it was PERFECT weather! It was shaded with grape vines and was nice and cool, and the fans they have on the patio provide a really nice breeze. It was wonderful!

The service was very slow, and dinner took about 2 hours. By the time we finished, it was almost dark! We started walking along Frankfort and our first stop was to taste some tea (I had a Honey Vanilla flavor). We went into the little tea shop and a couple of the girls bought some different flavor teas.







After the tea stop, we walked all the way to the end of the rows of restaurants and boutiques. We stopped into a few places, but most shops were already closed up for the night. I think we decided that dinner just took too long, and that next time it would be good to get an earlier start. We looked for a trolley, but they didn't seem to be coming by very often. Once we got to the end of the line, we turned around and headed back. Even though we didn't get to ride a trolley this time, or go into very many shops, it was still really nice to spend some time with the girls and to stroll along such a neat street!











Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Fans of Falling4Lou

Search Falling4Lou

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP