♥ Fourth Street Live ♥

Our friends, Tammy and Sheldon, are in town this weekend, so my dad and I planned to meet up with them for dinner downtown. Tammy and I brainstormed ideas, and came up with the idea of going to Fourth Street Live! I took it one step further and suggested a progressive dinner event so we could sample a few of the restaurants there. I was pleasantly surprised when everyone went for it!


Fourth Street Live is a one block area in the middle of downtown Louisville. Most of the time, the road is closed off to automobiles and becomes an open air mall of sorts. There is a big Borders bookstore, and many restaurants and nightclubs in the two-story space.


Although it was not the case tonight, there are frequently free outdoor concerts on the weekends. I have seen Swtichfoot and Lonestar perform on two separate occasions. It's pretty cool!

We decided to start with drinks and appetizers at TGIFridays. It turned out that Sheldon's daughter, Stephanie, was also in town, so she and I finally got to meet after a couple years of always hearing about each other!

We all got our poison of choice...I ordered a fruity cocktail with rum, Southern Comfort, Disaronno Amaretto, and assorted juices. I forget what it was called, but it was good!

For our appetizers, we ordered nachos and a Jack Daniels sampler with ribs, glazed chicken, and Cajun shrimp. It was so good!


Here is the gang at Fridays! Aren't we a good looking group?!?! :)

Back out on the street, in the AMAZING weather, it was just starting to get dark, so I snapped a few photos of all the lights!

We decided on RiRa Irish Pub for our main course. There was live music, and the restaurant has a really great pub atmosphere! I ordered a delicious sandwich...grilled chicken with swiss cheese and spinach and artichoke dip on sourdough bread! Complete with a side of amazing sweet potato fries! Mmm! I took half of my sandwich home in a doggy bag....but I was so tired when I got home that I accidentally left it out on the counter overnight!!! So bummed! :-(


Sheldon's beer sampler.



After our Irish meal, we decided to go to Maker's Mark Lounge for dessert! Mmmm....bourbon.... :-) It's a pretty swanky place...dramatic, low lighting, leather couches, sheer floor to ceiling curtains. I like!




I ordered a Bourbon Ball Martini!

Cheers!

Bourbon Balls! Definitely some of the best I've ever had!

Apple crisp!

Strawberry scone!


It was such a fun night!!! I love the vibe at Fourth Street Live, and there is obviously tons of great food and fun to be had there! I really enjoyed the company I was with, too. :-)




Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Fans of Falling4Lou

Search Falling4Lou

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP