♥ Gaslight Festival ♥

According to the Jeffersontown Chamber of Commerce website, the Gaslight Festival began in 1969 as a "small street party" but quickly became a large annual event lasting just over a week. It includes a motorcycle rally, parade, 5K marathon, arts and crafts booths, live entertainment, and more.

I decided to head out to J-town after work today to check out part of the Festival. Jeffersontown was officially made a part of Louisville in 2003. Prior to that, it was the second largest city in Jefferson County, just behind Louisville.


First, I went to the Arts and Crafts Extravaganza along Watterson Trail. There were many types of booths set up along the street...home and holiday decorations, jewelry, trinkets, face painting, church and charity groups,  food vendors... I strolled the streets for about an hour before heading to the next event.















I got back in my car and drove a few minutes (thanks to my GPS...I'm literally lost without it!) to Sky View park for the Balloon Glow. I arrived just as the balloons were being laid on the ground to be inflated. It's amazing how quickly they can go up once they get started! Once they were all up, everyone walked around and took photos next to the baskets and talked to the balloon "pilots." It was pretty. I wish they could have flown, but maybe one day I'll get up the courage to ride in one! (Fear of heights...*shudders*)


































Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Fans of Falling4Lou

Search Falling4Lou

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP